Subsea Controls Engineer
The Subsea Controls Engineer is focused on the engineering activities associated with the subsea control system. Additionally, involvement is also required in various aspects of design, fabrication, testing, installation, commissioning, operation, and maintenance for subsea controls equipment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in commissioning and operation of the subsea production system with emphasis on the control system components located both Subsea and Topside, requiring occasional work on offshore facilities.
• Participating in troubleshooting activities to ensure subsea control system reliability and operability.
• Providing technical support for operation, maintenance, installation, and intervention of subsea equipment and generation of operating, commissioning, and maintenance procedures.
• Responsible for the studies related to identified and approved opportunities, assessment and/or engineering of system modifications.
• Attending Subsea Production System Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and attending/leading System Integration Testing (SIT).
• Understanding and adhering to Operational Integrity Management System (HOIMS).
• Participating in Emergency Response Team.
Must Have Skills:
• Bachelor of Engineering Degree.
• Member in good standing or eligible for Professional Engineer status with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in subsea facilities along with electrical and/or control systems.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with MCS, EPU and ICSS control equipment.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with hydraulic power units relating to subsea production equipment.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Subsea Control System.
• Working knowledge of process control system including control system software, hydraulics, electrics, etc.
• Working knowledge of design principles associated with control systems.
• Understanding of standard project management principles.
• Understanding of engineering roles and responsibilities.
• Able to identify, review, understand and apply appropriate laws, regulations, codes, standards, and specifications while adhering to strict health, safety, environment quality, and security standards.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups.
• Proven skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and within time constraints.
• Able to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment that includes dealing with people from various disciplines. Also, work in partnership with others outside of the formal organization (e.g. service providers, vendors, contractors), to achieve goals, and identify and resolve problems.
• Problem-solving orientation to identify key issues and recommend appropriate solutions in a proactive manner.
• Shows initiative, can work independently without constant supervision and above average analytical and skills to secure relevant information/data and identify key issues relationships to determine appropriate course of action to rectify deficiencies.
Nice To Have Skills:
• Working knowledge of SAP, ATMS and other specified software.
• Experience in subsea facilities interface areas (e.g. reservoir engineering, production engineering, drilling/completions and topsides).
Medical (Physical) Requirements/Standards
• Travel offshore will be required periodically: therefore, must successfully complete the medical assessment and required training for clearance to work in that environment.
St. John's - NL
Travel: Requirement to travel offshore and to site
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week with potential for support on evenings and weekends as required
Preference for Local candidates
Subsea Controls Engineer
St. John's, NL
Oil and Gas Operator
09 okt 2019
23.10.2019 00.00 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.