Expected to provide day-to-day support to the Lower Churchill Project (LCP) team members. Direction exercised includes:
• Invoice attest, including resolving invoicing issues with contractors and within the LCP team;
• Following approved LCP procedures; and
• Determining funding requirements for assigned contracts to facilitate compliance with project financing agreements.
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor, LCP Accounting & Finance, once orientated should be capable of completing principal activities, duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision. Works as a member of the Finance & Accounting team, and provides support to the LCP team. Responsible for developing, and implementing accounts payable processes, maintaining consistent application of those processes and suggesting continuous improvement opportunities.
• Participate and support in the development of effective accounts payable processes, controls and procedures for the LCP.
• Conduct invoice attest for compliance against contracts/PO’s using approved LCP procedures.
• Conduct attest of corporate purchase cards (PCards) and expense/travel claims ensuring compliance with PCard and travel related policies.
• Track all assigned invoices to ensure timely processing and payment, in accordance with contractual payment terms.
• Input invoices against contracts/ PO’s in the cost control systems, Prism and PM+, and ensure adequate commitment funds are available to cover the invoices. Provide support as necessary to resolve any shortfalls/discrepancies.
• Perform risk mitigation procedures as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
• Implement and maintain procedures for estimating cash requirements to facilitate the preparation of Fund Requests. Work with the Project Accountant to address invoice funding issues.
• Liaison with project staff to ensure proper application and compliance with payment certificate and invoice procedures.
• Foster good working relationships with Corporate Accounts Payable.
• Other activities as required.
• Bachelor of Business/Commerce with a major in accounting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in project accounting. An understanding of contract terms and conditions and the ability to interpret and apply them in the attest of invoices. Working knowledge of JD Edwards, PM+ and Prism is desirable.
• Safety oriented
• Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the vision and core values
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Team player with positive attitude
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and within deadlines
• Proficient with computer software and databases
• Self-starter who is highly motivated
• Works effectively in work groups with ability to maintain positive relationships.
• Strong customer service orientation and verbal communication skills
St. John's, NL
St. John's, NL
NSB Client - Newfoundland and Labrador
13 aug 2019
20.08.2019 00.00 CET
This job has expired.
Local candidates only.